Fireworks, parades, barbecues, carnivals, picnics, concerts, family, and more. There are hundreds of festivities and ways to celebrate the 4th of July.
1. Wash and dry strawberries without removing the stems.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Melt your chocolate melts in a small bowl, and add oil if needed
4. Using the stem, dip the strawberries into the chocolate about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up. Let the excess drip off before using a spoon to sprinkle the colored sugar across the bottom of the berry.
5. Place the decorated berries on the baking sheet, and allow the chocolate to firm up.
2. Firecracker Milkshake
1. Soften the ice cream and evenly divide into three bowls.
2. Place red food coloring in one bowl with ice cream, and blue food coloring in the other bowl with ice cream, using a whisk to beat until the color is blended.
3. Layer the bottom of the glass with red ice cream, then add plain vanilla, and blue ice cream, using a spoon or knife to drag it from the bottom to the top, stirring in between to mix the color.
3. Patriotic Smores
1. Arrange the chocolate on one half of the cracker.
2. Set the blueberries on top of the chocolate and melt.
3. Roast the marshmallow and place on top of the berries
4. Top with strawberry slices and the second half of the graham cracker.
4. 4th of July Fudge
1. Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with foil. Spray with non-stick spray and set aside
2. Have everything ready to go before continuing, as the fudge will set up quickly. You will need 3 bowls, 3 spatulas, the food coloring, and a knife.
3. In a large pot or saucepan, combine the sugar butter, and evaporated milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently. When the mixture comes to a boil, stir constantly for 5 minutes. Add in the marshmallow crème and the white chocolate chips and stir until smooth.
4. Divide the mixture into 3 bowls. Add the red food coloring to one, blue food coloring to the other, and leave the third bowl white.
5. Pour the red fudge onto the prepared loaf pan, smoothing at the top as best as possible. Pour the white fudge on top of the red, and then pour the blue on top. Take a knife and drag it through all three layers, making a marble effect.
6. Let the fudge cool completely before cutting
We hope you have a wonderful 4th of July. Be sure to let us know which desserts you tried out this year, and which ones were your favorite!
Check out the full recipes here:
Red, White, and Blue Strawberries
4th of July Fudge