Are you looking to impress the important women in your life this Mother's Day with your culinary skills? Here are a few delicious yet healthy Mother's Day recipes that will leave everyone wanting more!
1. Zucchini Frittata with Mozzarella and Basil
2 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red onions
1 1/2 cups cubed zucchini
7 whisked eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2/3 cup grated mozzarella
3 tbsp. chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1. Preheat your oven and place your baking rack in it to heat. Next, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once heated, add the chopped onions & zucchini and cook for up to 5 minutes, stirring the veggies from time to time.
2. Once the veggies are done, beat the eggs in a bowl, add salt and pepper to it, add this mixture to the pan, and cook until the eggs are done.
3. Add the grated mozzarella and the sun-dried tomatoes in the pan, and place the skillet in the oven, under the broiler, until the eggs are slightly browned.
4. To dish out your frittata, run a spatula or knife around the edges of the skillet, and slide or lift it out onto a cutting board or serving plate. Cut it into smaller slices, top with basil, and serve warm.
2. Ricotta Gnocchi with Spring Vegetables
For Ricotta Gnocchi
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated & 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
For the Spring Vegetable Sauce
1 cup lima beans
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 small leeks halved & thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups sliced asparagus
1 cup peas
2 cups broth
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
4 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
To prepare gnocchi:
1. Carefully line a large rimmed baking tray with parchment paper. Next, drain the ricotta cheese, and pat completely dry. Once done, combine the ricotta cheese and the grated Parmesan together, add the salt and flour, and stir until everything is combined.
2. Whisk the egg and the egg yolk together in a separate bowl, and pour it into the ricotta mixture, and mix well.
3. Next, dust your kneading surface generously with all-purpose flour and start kneading the ricotta mixture dough onto it.
4. Cut your dough log into 4 equal pieces using a flour knife and gently roll each portion into a 3/4 by 15 inch thin rope, pulling and stretching the dough as you roll. Cut your ropes into 1/2 inch pieces and place them on a baking sheet. Once done, place the gnocchi in the freezer until they are frozen, do not defrost or thaw them before boiling.
To prepare the sauce:
1. Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil, add your beans in the water until they are cooked all the way through. Drain your beans and remove the bean caps, shelling them out of their waxy coatings.
2. Heat some olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat and add the chopped leaks, asparagus, peas, and beans. Stir frequently until completely cooked.
3. Add the broth to the pan along with the salt and pepper, and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiled. remove the pan, and set aside to cool down.
4. Next, fill up a large pot with water, add salt and boil the frozen gnocchi, continuously stirring it while it boils and cooks. Once cooked through, scoop it out using a ladle. Add your gnocchi to the prepared sauce and if needed, stir in some unsalted butter, and top with shaved Parmesan.
We hope you are successful in treating the important women in your life this Mother's Day to some yummy and delicious meals. Let us know which recipes you tried, and which recipe was your favorite.
Zucchini Frittata with Mozzarella and Basil
Ricotta Gnocchi With Spring Vegetables