National Red Wine Day is recognized each year on August 28. Celebrate with these 2 recipes that include red wine. Let us know which ones are your favorite.
1. Red Wine Strawberry Sorbet
1 pound fresh strawberries, quartered
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup dry red wine
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup fresh mint
1. Add 1/4 cup of lemon juice to the quartered strawberries, toss until fully coated.
2. In a medium saucepan, stir the red wine with the sugar. Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla, and continue stirring the mixture over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved completely.
3. Add strawberries and simple syrup to a blender, and puree the mixture until it is smooth.
4. Pour the mixture into a dish, and freeze.
5. Scoop the mixture into dishes, garnish with mint, and serve.
2. Red Wine Chocolate Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
`3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
For the Red Wine Syrup:
2 cups red wine
1/4 cup sugar
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1/4 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line 12 muffin liners in a muffin tin.
2. For the cupcakes: whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Heat the milk in a saucepan until hot, but not boiling, and pour the milk over the cocoa powder. Whisk this mixture until it is smooth. Add the sugar, oil, vanilla, and egg and whisk until smooth. Add the flour mixture in, and stir until well combined.
3. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tin. Bake for about 20-22 minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack and let it cool for 5 minutes. Then transfer the cupcakes to a rack to cool for about 20 more minutes.
4. To make the wine syrup: bring the wine and sugar to a boil over medium heat in a small saucepan. Reduce the wine to 1/2 cup, about 12 to 15 minutes.
5. While the cupcakes are slightly warm, poke the top of each with a fork, and slowly drizzle in the wine syrup.
6. For the ganache: Pour the cream into the saucepan used for the wine syrup and bring to a simmer. Put the chocolate in a medium bowl and pour the cream over it and whisk until smooth. Add the remaining whine syrup and stir until combined. Let the ganache cool until thickened slightly and the consistency is like heavy cream.
7. Spoon a tablespoon of ganache on each cupcake and use the back of a spoon to spread it evenly. Place the cupcakes on a rack and allow the ganache to set.
Although Red Wine is delicious, it is very high in purines which can increase the amount of uric acid in your body.
Transform your life in just 30 seconds a day, when you drink a glass of water with Lifetones, you help jump-start the body's processes of reducing uric acid, boosting alkalinity, and managing discomfort. You can check out Lifetones Uric Acid Support here.
Get the full recipes here:
Red Wine Strawberry Sorbet
Red Wine Chocolate Cupcakes