The end of summer is quickly approaching. Nothing is better than a refreshing and healthy dinner, after a long day in the hot sun. The recipes below are perfect for those hot summer nights, and the best part, they are all 5 ingredients or less!
1. Chicken Picatta
4 tbsp. butter
4 small chicken breasts
3/4 cup dry white wine
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. capers
1. Slightly pound out chicken breasts, and season with salt and pepper.
2. In a large saute pan, heat 2 tbsp. butter over a medium-high heat. Once butter has melted, add chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on both sides, about two minutes per side.
3. Remove chicken from pan and transfer to plate.
4. With the heat on medium, add in white wine and simmer.
5. Add in lemon juice, simmer another minute. Turn the heat down to low and whisk in butter 1/2 tablespoon at a time.
6. Add chicken back into the sauce and simmer a minute or two, sprinkle in the capers.
7. Garnish with the parsley
2. Pasta with Tomatoes, Basil, and Garlic
12 oz. dried pasta
2 pints cherry tomatoes, stemmed
4 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
Handful of basil leaves
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place tomatoes, garlic, and basil on a rimmed baking sheet, and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Bake until the tomatoes are soft and wrinkled, 45-50 minutes, stirring the tomatoes around a few times to ensure they are cooked evenly.
3. While the tomatoes are cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Place the cooked pasta and tomato confit in a large bowl, and toss to combine.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper
5. To serve, finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of fresh basil.
3. Italian Chicken Bake
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast
4-6 tbsp. pesto
1-2 roma tomatoes
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
1. Lay the chicken breasts in a glass pan and spread 1-2 tablespoons of pesto on each chicken breast
2. Cut the tomatoes into slices and lay 2 slices on each chicken breast
3. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the chicken breasts
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is done
5. Serve over a bed of rice or a plate of pasta
We hope you are enjoying the last couple weekends of summer, and we hope you enjoy these recipes. Be sure to let us know which ones are your favorite!
Get the full recipes here:
Pasta with Tomatoes, Basil, and Garlic
Italian Chicken Bake