Uric acid is formed as your body breaks down purines from the food and beverages you consume. Though most uric acid dissolves in your blood or leaves through urine, sometimes your uric acid levels can become too high and build up in your blood. This buildup of uric acid can cause uric acid crystals to form.
These crystals then settle and cause inflammation. These formations of crystal can become quite painful and dangerous. They can cause swelling and inflammation in the afflicted areas, which can lead to a decrease in function and quality of life.
How is uric acid related to your liver?
Uric acid crystals don't just settle in your joints or kidneys, they can settle in your liver, too.The liver plays a significant role in the regulation of uric acid levels in the body.
Here are some major ways in which uric acid is related to the liver:
The liver is one of the main organs responsible for uric acid production and clearance. About 70% of uric acid is produced in the liver, and the remaining 30% is produced in other tissues. The liver produces the enzyme (xanthine oxidase) which converts purines into uric acid, and the liver also helps to excrete uric acid from the body through the kidneys.
Elevated levels of uric acid in the blood (hyperuricemia) have been linked to an increased risk of liver disease. This is because high levels of uric acid have been shown to damage liver cells and promote inflammation.
Uric acid may also play a role in the development of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). NAFLD is a condition in which fat builds up in the liver in people who do not drink alcohol heavily. Studies have shown that people with NAFLD tend to have higher levels of uric acid than people without NAFLD. NALFD can progress to more serious liver diseases, such as steatohepatitis (NASH) and cirrhosis.
Liver Dysfunction and Uric Acid Levels: Liver diseases, or dysfunction, can impact uric acid metabolism and clearance, leading to altercations in uric acid levels. Impaired liver function can result in elevated uric acid levels in the blood.
It's important to note that while the liver has a role in uric acid regulation, most of the processing and elimination of uric acid occurs in the kidneys.
If you're worried about your uric acid levels, liver health, or developing kidney stones,consult your healthcare professionalwho can asses your specific situation, conduct appropriate tests, and provide personalized guidance and treatment if necessary.
How can I help prevent uric acid buildup?
Maintain a healthy bodyweight.
An increase in weight gain during adulthood may lead to an increase in uric acid levels. Make sure you're getting all the nutrients you need from fruits, veggies, proteins, and whole grains to help keep your uric acid levels normal and to maintain a healthy weight.
Avoid high purine foods.
Changing your diet to exclude foods high in purines is one of the first ways you can try to help lower your uric acid levels. Now, not all purines are bad, but it's important to avoid consuming high amounts.
Drink plenty of fluids.
Water can help flush uric acid from your body, so it's important to make sure you're drinking your recommended amount of water everyday.
Limit your alcohol intake.
Alcohol can actually increase your uric acid levels, so it's best to limit it or cut it out completely.
Lifetones Uric Acid Support
Supplements or medication can, often times, be the most effective way to help reduce uric acid levels.
Lifetones Uric Acid Support may assist your body's natural disposal processes to ensure that uric acid is dissolved and filtered quickly and properly.
In addition, Lifetones Uric Acid Support can help cleanse your body by breaking down uric acid crystals. Fewer crystals mean less pain during your daily activities.
Lifetones Uric Acid Support Ingredients
Nettle contains many nutrients. Studies suggest that nettle may reduce inflammation in the body.
Boswellia Serrata is a gummy-resin that has been used for thousands of years to relieve joint and muscle discomfort.
Birch & Willow are known for inflammation relief and dissolving uric acid crystals.
Celery supports the kidneys, which may assist the body in flushing out uric acid and other toxins that may be contributing to muscle discomfort.
Devil's Claw is a plant native to Southern Africa that is believed to have anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties.
Alfalfa is a natural diuretic, which means it helps to promote urine flow. This may help to clear out harmful bacteria and waste products like uric acid.