As the weather gets cooler and crisp, it is the perfect time to cozy up with a warm blanket, and warm cup of soup. These 3 soup recipes are delicious and perfect for fall weather!
1. Creamy Tortellini Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound Italian sausage
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium sweet onion, diced
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 cups chicken stock
1 can tomato sauce
1 package refrigerated three cheese tortellini
1/2 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
1/3 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in the Italian sausage and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until browned.
2. Stir in garlic, onion, and Italian seasoning. Cook until the onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Whisk in the flour until lightly browned.
4. Gradually whisk in the chicken stock and tomato sauce. Bring it to a boil, and then reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until thickened.
5. Stir in the tortellini, and cover and cook for about 5-7 minutes until tender.
6. Stir in the kale until wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the heavy cream and the basil, and season with salt and pepper.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds ground beef
2 stalks celery
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper
3 cans stewed tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 can tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 packages chili seasoning
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Place the ground beef in the pot, press down on the beef to form a large patty. Let the bottom brown for about 8-10 minutes. Using a spatula, break the beef into bite size crumbles. Cook until no longer pink for about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the celery, onion, and green bell pepper, and cook until the onion is translucent.
4. Pour in the stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes with green chilies, tomato sauce, and water and stir in the chili seasoning.
5. Add in the pinto and kidney beans and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about an hour.
3. Creamy Pumpkin Soup
6 cups chicken stock
4 cups pumpkin puree
1 1/2 salt
1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1. In a large saucepan, heat the chicken stock, pumpkin, salt, onion, thyme, garlic, and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
2. Using a food processor or blender, puree the soup in small batches.
3. Return the soup to the pan, and bring to a boil again. Reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for another 30 minutes, and stir in the heavy cream.
4. Serve in soup bowls, and garnish with fresh parsley.
Let us know which ones are your favorite!
Check out the full recipes here:
Creamy Tortellini Soup
Creamy Pumpkin Soup