National Pumpkin Day is celebrated each year on October 26. Below are a few recipes including pumpkin so you can celebrate this special day! 1. Pumpkin Butter
2 cups pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over low heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
2. Cool and serve2. Pumpkin Pie Parfaits
1 can pumpkin puree
1 cup whipped cream cheese
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 sleeves graham crackers, crushed
10 8-ounce mason jars
1. Mix together the pumpkin, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar until light and fluffy for about 5 minutes.
3. Layer the parfait ingredients in mason jars in this order: graham crackers, pumpkin cream cheese mixture, whipped cream. Continue to fill the jar, at least 2 layers of each ingredient. 3. Quick Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
3 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, and then mix in the pumpkin puree. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture.
4. On a well floured surface, roll the dough to a 1/4 inch thick rectangle. Spread the cream cheese on top of the dough, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon.
5. Carefully roll up the dough, starting with the long side, and cut into 1 inch pieces.
6. Place the rolls in greased muffin cups, and bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
We hope you enjoy pumpkin dishes on this National Pumpkin Day!
Check out the full recipes here:Pumpkin Butter
Pumpkin Pie Parfaits Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls