World Chocolate Day is celebrated each year on July 7! Celebrate the right wau by indulging in all of your favorite delicious treats.
Below are 3 chocolate desserts perfect for celebrating this year.
1. Homemade Chocolate Pudding
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the butter and vanilla. Spoon into individual serving dishes. Chill until serving.
2. Irish Cream Chocolate Trifle
1 package devils food cake mix
1 cup refrigerated Irish creme
3 1/2 cups 2% milk
2 packages instant chocolate pudding
3 cups whipped topping
12 mint Andes candies
1. Prepare and bake cake mix as directed by the box, using a 13x9 inch pan. Cool for one hour.
2. With a fork, poke holes in the cake about 2 inches apart. Slowly pour creamer all over the cake, refrigerate covered for an hour.
3. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix, and let stand until soft-set for about 2 minutes.
4. Cut the cake into 1 1/2 inch cubes. In a 3 qt. trifle or glass bowl, layer a third of each of the following: cake cubes, pudding, whipped topping, and candies. Repeat layers twice, and refrigerate until serving.
3. Warm Chocolate Melting Cups
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon brewed coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 large egg white, room temperature
1. In a small saucepan combine 3/4 cup sugar, cocoa, flour, and salt. Gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil, stir and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, stir in the chocolate chips, coffee, and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. In another bowl, beat eggs, and egg white until slightly thickened. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until thick and lemon colored. Fold into chocolate mixture.
3. Transfer to ten 4 oz. ramekins coated with cooking spray. Place ramekins in a baking pan, add 1 in. boiling water to pan. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or just until centers are set.
Let us know which recipes are your favorite, and which ones you tried out on World Chocolate Day!
Get the full recipes here:
Homemade Chocolate Pudding
Irish Cream Chocolate Trifle
Warm Chocolate Melting Cups